Wednesday 30 April 2014

favourite things

Once upon a time ago, I was in love with making lists.

Let's be honest, who doesn't love a good list?
Crazy people, that's who.

Lists keep us organized, on task and, occasionally, grateful.

I was 19, in Switzerland and homesick when I made my first favourite things list.
I wish my list was the kind of list that Oprah builds, you know, the one where all of her favourite things result in free things?
Ya, that would be great.

But no, mine is far simpler.
While I was away, I decided I wanted to remember and remind myself about all of these things that filled me up and made me feel most myself, both home and away.
I closed my eyes and imagined myself in my happiest moments and really thought about what it was about these things that made me happy.

I didn't realize it at the time, but I was making my first gratitude list.

Where I live now doesn't always fill me with tremendous amounts of joy. In fact, often I feel lonely and lost.
The thing is about that though is that it's not up to my location to fix that, it's up to me.

So what does this all mean?

The return of the favourite things list! YAY!

After a 10 year hiatus, it's time to bring it on back and take stock of the simple things.
Be prepared cyber world, coming up soon, the quintessential favourite things list of your truly.

Until then, friends...

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment